Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Tip of the Day

Attention acne haters.  Which I'm assuming is everyone ... 

Who the hell wants zits, right?  I have been put onto so many different acne regimens ... don't even want to go there.  However, I do want to share with you a snazzy secret my sister taught me years ago.

Let's say a lovely pimple sprouted on your face.  Before going to bed, make sure that you wash your face, very gently because we don't want to aggravate our acne and upset the skin more.  

Then, with clean hands, squeeze a bit of toothpaste (yes, toothpaste) onto your finger and apply to the zit.  

Toothpaste has this wonderful 'hardening' property.  I'm sure if you've ever gotten some onto your clothing, you might have noticed, later on in the day, it hardened and perhaps even turned a white-ish colour (depending on the toothpaste, of course)

I have found that the toothpaste will do two things.  One, as a it hardens, sometimes it can draw the infection to the surface, which speeds up the healing process.  The other thing, which will happen even if number one doesn't happen: is that it dries out the pimple, which is essentially what we want. 

Please note: this is not going to be an instant pimple remover.  Trust me, nothing ever is.  This is just a tip to help speed up the healing process and to stop the zit from looking ginormously ugly come morning!

Hope this helps :) 

Steph
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment