Pages

Sunday 8 April 2012

My Inspiration

At some point, every blog owner said to themselves "today is the day I will blog about my passion."  That day, for me, was when I discovered Sam Schuerman.


If I could give you a hug, and thank you for everything you do, I would. 


I came across her video one day on YouTube, as I was searching for a tutorial that would enlighten me on how to make blues eyes "pop."  Sam's was the first one I watched,  but it certainly wasn't the last.  I loyally wait for her to release videos, just to see what spectacular share(s) she has lined up.  She is such a joy to watch.  She is so bubbly and fun.  You can tell she really enjoys what she does.  And oh how she makes me laugh. 


She also managed to dig at something quite personal for me: my self-confidence with regards to my acne.  I am very uncomfortable in my own skin.  And to see her sit in front of the camera, with a "naked canvas" as I so call it, was an unreal moment for me.  It really got to me, and made me feel better about myself.  Watching this woman who has so much confidence and poise.... 


You changed my life Sam. 
Not only have I taken many tips from your videos - my Sigma F80 came in the mail just last week - I have also been able to walk away with a bit more confidence in myself, knowing that it's okay to be comfortable in your own (sometimes imperfect) skin. 


I just had to dedicate a post to her. 
I will probably refer to her a lot.


Bless you Samantha! 


 If you click on her name above, you will be directed to her page. 



Best, 
Steph.
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment