Pages

Thursday 5 July 2012

First NYX Product! (And Other Goodies) 

My regular drugstore does not carry NYX products, however, I just so happened to browse another store (just yesterday) that did!  I was in search of a single white eye shadow, as palettes tend to be quite awkward and illogical to travel with.  As soon as I saw the NYX emblem above the display, I became rather excited and enthralled as I have yet to see what the products look like in person.  Silly, I know!  Anyways, I decided to go with the following: 



 
There is very little sparkle to the eyeshadow, but I don't mind.  It's white.... it will pick up the light regardless.  It seems to be a very pigmented eyeshadow, something I noticed when I rubbed my finger in it before swatching :) I'm excited to test it out! 

Other Goodies worth mentioning... 


Urban Decay's "De-Slick" Setting Spray 
I picked this up at Sephora with my gift card :)
So far, I am IN LOVE with it.  I have only used it twice, but it really seems to do the trick! 


Hard Candy's Blotting Papers
I needed a quick fix the other night, as my face gets terribly oily as the day progresses.  I think it's cute that the package includes 3 sets of colours.


Revlon's Scented Nail Polish in "Gum Drop"
Yes, yes I am obsessed with this stuff.  It was on sale and I just couldn't pass up the offer ;) 


Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream and Revlon's Colorstay Foundation
This is my new foundation duo.  What with summer and the need to apply sunscreen, I felt the BB cream was appropriate.  That, and I had wanted to test out a BB cream to see what the hype is all about!  I also picked up the Colorstay as my old foundation, while great for acne prone skin, oxidizes WAY too fast for my liking.  My previous foundation had been a lot cheaper, and I figured (perhaps) a more expensive foundation would last a lot longer. 


Forever 21 Jewelry
One of my obsessions this summer has been jewelry!  I have not worn earrings for two years, and at first, thought that my holes had closed up.  Well, I thought wrong!  I'm so happy to have rediscovered the joys of earrings.  There are so many out there!  So much selection to chose from!  I have also fancied a lot of bracelets.  Provided that they are cute ;) 


Lush's "No Drought" Dry Shampoo
I reached my wits end with the dry shampoo dispensed from an aerosal can when my THIRD FULL bottle decided to stop spraying.  Three times in a row does NOT cut it for me.  This shampoo, comparatively, is in powdered form and does not require spraying.  It has a lemon fresh scent, and so far, seems to work just great! :) 



Pink's "Pretty Cool" Fresh Vanilla Body Mist
So, the best friend and I have become completely and totally enamored over this product.  Out of the three in the Fresh Vanilla line, I think this is the best one (by far!).  I am a lover of warm scents, and this is definitely a warmer scent (in comparison to something entirely sweet and fruity).  This is a definite, MUST-HAVE summer item :)  


  
Lush's "Trichomania" Shampoo Bar
You guys, this shampoo bar is a heavenly scent of creamy coconut!  What else says summer then coconut?!?! I was intrigued by the idea of a shampoo bar, and wondered how it worked.  Basically, you can lather the soap in your hands and then run it through your hair OR you can simply lather the bar throughout your hair.  I have only used the product once, so I am speaking as a VERY short time user, but it doesn't lather up THAT much.  I don't think I would use the shampoo bar after having used a lot of hairspray or product.  But for an, otherwise, simple cleaning routine, I think it's great :) 

So those are all my goodies, accumulated in the late weeks of June and early July.  NOTE: Some of the items were purchased for me by my loving boyfriend <3 

Steph
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment