Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel 


Purchased at Sephora: $15.00

As of late, I've noticed that my face is rather dry - with no thanks to the acne treatment I've been using.  I have tried using thin facial moisturizers, like Neutrogena's and I've also given much thicker creams a go, like Aveeno's 24hr Moisturizer.  Both of which, were to no avail.  Having remembered the hype of this product, mentioned by one of the gurus I am subscribed to, I figured I would test it out - seeing as I have nothing to lose at this point! 

What They Say:  This moisturizing gel is actually Step 3 of Clinique's "3 Step Treatment."  According to their website, this gel was designed to maintain an optimal balance between moisture and oil on the face.  Essentially, it is designed to hydrate those areas that are most dry and help control other areas - such as the T-zone - that are more oily.  This product is also available as a lotion for those who have non-oily skin.  Apparently, and I quote, this product is "World Famous" and "World Favourite" - a bottle of this moisture genius is sold every 3.5 seconds (Source).  

What I Say:  This product has become liquid gold to me!  The fact that I could purchase it in a "gel" form is what first really drew my attention.  When I think about the consistency of gel, for whatever reason, a much more moisturizing and hydrating feel came to mind.  Oh and it is!  



As you can see in the second picture, this gel has a thicker consistency then most regular lotions.  I would actually say it's somewhere in the middle of my Neutrogena and Aveeno moisturizers (which is perfect, as I use to mix the two together)!  And yet, I wouldn't say that the consistency is a major issue.  Don't let how thick/sticky it may look in the photo scare you off.  The application of this product is so smooth, and it doesn't just sit on your face.  It is absorbed into the skin relatively quickly, leaving it feeling oh-so-smooth and fresh! :) 

So now that I've presented this product as a, seemingly, holy grail to those who suffer from dry/oily skin: Is there anything I dislike about the product? 

Well, unfortunately, yes.  Although it IS minor, and not the biggest deal considering it does a fantastic job as it is.  The smell isn't all that great.  Perhaps because the colouring and consistency reminded me so much of lemon meringue, I expected it to smell ever so delicately of lemons.  But, alas, it does not.  (And for reasons such as sensitive skin - much like my own - and the simple fact that people prefer fragrance free, I can understand why a lemon scent was omitted).  I guess, in the end, since the scent isn't all the powerful, I can let this one slide... 

And so, all of that being said, I would rate this product 10/10 - regardless of the scent factor. 
I will definitely be purchasing this product again!
:) 

Steph
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment