Pages

Thursday 30 August 2012

FOTD and Review :) !

As I was getting ready to head out this evening, I picked up a tube of lipstick I purchased about two months ago.  Still unused, I was curious (as would be anyone who had yet to test out a product).  After I tested it out, I decided that today's makeup would center around it....

I've been meaning to test out this lipstick for a long time now .... just never had a reason to put it on.  Tonight, I guess I had a "whatever" moment and just put it on.... This was the end result/what I thought :)

Rimmel's Lipstick Collection by Kate Moss, "Lasting Finish" in 06 



I had been lusting after a hot pink lipstick thanks to Shannon (a.k.a. shaaanxo on YouTube) ever since she featured a makeup look centered around a hot pink lip.  I was instantly drawn to this colour upon first glance, and snatched it up.  

One thing I didn't really bother to notice two months ago (when I bought the product) was whether or not it had a scent.  That, however, was the very first thing I noticed today.  When I first started to apply it, I realized that the lipstick has a delightful cherry/fruity scent.  Shocker!  Andddddd I LOVE IT!  What a nice added touch! 

Another thing to note about this lipstick: it is very moisturizing.  Oftentimes I veer away from lipsticks, for fear that they will either dry out my lips on their own, or accentuate the chapped lips I may already be sporting that day.  Fancy, huh.  This lipstick, however, applies a lot smoother then the average joe.  It made my lips feel super soft, and I could actually rub them together!  That being said, once you let the lipstick "dry" so to speak, it does become a little tacky.  Not to mention the fact that the colour appears to have seeped into my lips and will forever remain there!  I'm not kidding you guys!  I feel as though I'm now donning a lip stain.  Let's see how long this lipstick wears for, shall we?

One thing I must say about this lipstick: it's not really a TRUE hot pink shade.  It's more in between a hot red and hot pink.  From far away, or with a quick glance, people will probably think you are wearing red.  Only when you're up close and in the proper lighting can you notice the pink! 

In the end, I really enjoyed using this product.  Great scent, great pigmentation, (so far) great wear.  I am definitely interested in testing out the other colours in the Kate Moss line :) 


FOTD  

Obviously this look includes the above said lipstick.  I tried to keep the eyes very neutral, adding a bit of darkness only to the outer edges.... Hope you guys enjoy! 



Thanks for reading!
Talk to you soon :) 
Steph 
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment