Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Homemade Teriyaki

Hi loves!

I had planned on posting about the new items I purchased today, however it is a rather ugly and rainy day, which leaves me with inadequate lighting.  In that case, I decided to give you a food post :)  Normally, I just show you what I've made throughout the week in my "Sunday Funday" but this time I thought I'd share the recipe! 

For the Teriyaki Sauce: (Source - includes directions as well)


1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder (or 2 minced cloves)
5 tablespoons brown sugar
1-2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Other:


Chicken (Can also use seafood such as shrimp and scallops) 
Choice of vegetable(s) 
Rice

Follow the instructions provided by the website to make the sauce.

For the rice: I choose to follow the microwave method, however you can make the rice any way you like.  I usually throw the rice in first and do everything as it's cookin' away in there.

For the vegetables and Chicken: A quick, cheater's approach to cooking chicken is to buy the pre-cooked chicken slices ... it just makes life so much easier!  You don't have to cut the breasts yourself and the pre-cooked one's only require a heating up vs. a full cooking.  In such a case, I throw the vegetables into the pan and about halfway through add the chicken and mix them all together until the vegs have reached a desired texture and the chicken is hot!

VOILA.  Simple and yummy! ....


My choice of vegetable(s) included: shredded carrots, shredded onion and broccoli :) 


Vegetables and Chicken fryin' away!


Boiling Teriyaki Sauce


Finished product!  Was pretty yummy :) 

Hope you guys enjoyed the post.
Take care!

Talk soon, 
Steph 
xxoo 

No comments:

Post a Comment