Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2012

BIRTHDAY POST

I just celebrated my 21st birthday this past Sunday (June 3rd) and I felt like making a blog post.  I was spoiled, spoiled, spoiled!  I have the best family, friends and boyfriend!  :)  My day was so special.  

So, it actually began the Saturday night, as my best friend and I got together for a little celebration.  She also gave me my present(s) that night: HOW AWESOME IS SHE?!?!?!?! 


Aren't those tanks adorable?  I wore the navy one out Sunday evening :) 





All of these gifts were just so "me."  I love her dearly and I know she'll read this post - and when you do, know that I am thankful a million and one times over!  We're usually pretty good at picking up the hints we each drop throughout the year LOL.  I have been lusting after a set of rings for a while now!  (The above came in a package of 7 from H & M).  Scented nail polish is an obsession of mine.  And the beach hat is superb!  She has a matching one in beige.  The cheetah bow, seriously, is the cherry on top of the cake :)  

The Day Of

My baby really made the "day of" special.  It started off with flowers :) 


And then we headed down to the waterfront.  The weather was a tad bit questionable, so instead of walking around (like I had wanted to do) - we stayed inside Williams Coffee Pub and conversed over coffee - Mama loves her some coffee LOL :) 


Outside the shop - he can always make me laugh! 



Adam just had regular coffee, I, on the other hand, had a Vanilla Bean Latte :) 

From there, we headed to my (current) all time favourite restaurant: Earls.  I had Chardonnay Lemon Butter Salmon that came with gnocchi and green beans.  Adam had a chicken cream sauce dish.  Both very very yummy! :) 


Birthday girl and her drink - a White Peach Bellini !



From there, we went back to Adam's house.  Both of his parents and sister bought me gifts, they are too sweet and kind: 



The candle is a bit of an inside joke.  They also frequently buy me candles that smell like fresh laundry, which has always been associated with our trip to Sauble.  His mom stuck this sticky note on the top of the candle - I LOVE HER. 



This scarf is from Roots.  They know I love my scarves! So thoughtful.... :) 

Jill and Tim also got me a little something: How lucky am I?  She knows that it's my fav store, as I never stop talking about it LOL


Adam's Prezzies:  So, not only did he pay for my dinner, he also did all this for me.  What a sweetheart... I really am so lucky.  He knows he doesn't have to do this for me.  His love for me is incredible on it's own.  So, I liked the sentimental gift he gave me: 


HE WROTE ME A SONG (YES THOSE ARE LYRICS AS WELL) AND GAVE MY RING BACK :):):):):)


I WAS SO HAPPY I CRIED.  I love him so much.  So sweet.


Apart from that, he also bought my "Suit-Bag" (as I like to call it) and a little toiletry case.  I've wanted to purchase a smaller suitcase, as I ALWAYS overpack.  If I have a bigger suitcase, I figure "I have room."  SO my goal this year is to pack lighter.  I also wanted a bigger bathroom bag/toiletry case as I normally bring a million smaller bags.  This way, everything is encased in ONE small bag that I can bring in and out of the bathroom.  Simplicity!  


My "Suit-Bag" - it has wheels on the bottom like a suitcase.  There is also a handle that extends, much like the ones on a suitcase.  However, it's a duffle bag style :) 


My toiletry bag!  Includes some small, travel size containers.  Another handy thing that will help me cut down - as I usually bring my big/bulky shampoo and conditioner bottles. 


This is makeup related, so I figured I'd include it LOL.  Adam also bought me this, as it had been out of stock at Walmart for a bit.  My colour is the "Light Pale" shade.  


The following 2 pictures show a gift I received from my grandmother.  This has got to be one of my most favourite and treasured presents.  She is very sick and in a lot of pain.  Her time with us is probably short and this gift just had me in tears.  In the second picture, you can see something engraved on the inner band.  It says: "My Dear Granddaughter: You are always in my heart."  My grandmother is like a mom to me.  I love her so much, and this present just sums up our relationship so well <3 



Last, But not Least....

I guess you could say this was an early Birthday gift.  We ordered the book about a week or 2 ago.  And on Sunday evening, just before Adam dropped me off at home, I asked him if we could stop in at the mailbox.  I really only wanted to see if this book had come in.  I really wanted it to be here and so, before I opened the mail door I said "Pride and Prejudice, I willith you be in here" LOL well, don't I open the door and it's there?  I was so happy :) - it's from my baby as well. 


So that concludes my birthday celebration/presents.  A family dinner is yet to be had, as some members live out of town and we figured we would wait for them to be here :) 

PLUS - the bestie and I still have a trip to T.O to shop :) 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Lots of love,
Steph.
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment