Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

Chit Chat Between Friends

I am writing this on Monday, August 25th. 

Starbucks in hand, as I patiently await internet at home.... le sigh. 




Saturday Shenanigans

Hi friends,

So the tactic of writing in a word document and then pasting into Blogger once I have access to the web again was successful, figured I would do it again! J

What has she been up to? You ask... 
Grocery Haul!  Saturday I hit up the local Farmer's Market :) Snagged me some fresh mushrooms, tomatoes, cauliflower and blueberries!

There was also a slight incident wherein a very misfortunate critter tried to become my flat mate LOL... and to that I say R.I.P Bee (didn’t really want you anyways)! 

** I’ve decided that instead of stopping to take pictures of my town, I will just vlog an outing!  Haha, I’ve vlogged in public before.  Some people look at you like you’re a weirdo, but meh.  People talk to themselves all the time what with Facetime and Bluetooth headsets right?  Just keep your eyes peeled, I’ll get around to it.** 

Other than that, there isn’t much else to report… I actually feel like a local, LOL.  I’ve run into Lisa countless times and we always exchange hellos.  The guy who sold me my Internet bundle remembered my name when I went in to ask a question the other day… The woman at the linen store who helped me figure out the dimensions of my mattress (LOL) said to me “Oh, you’re back!” … Yep….

Used my dishes for the first time… YAY.  And to think, after hauling all those groceries I settled for soup… 

But I did taste test the chocolate milk, and I approve!

Took some well deserved “me time” tonight … had a nice, hot bath and used half of that bath bomb I got at LUSH.  Let me tell you, that bath bomb is bomb dot com!  Haha, play on words!  It smelt heavenly, and it left my skin feeling so soft and silky… my bathroom smells glorious now, and so do I!  Can’t wait to pick up some more, I want to try different scents – do you have any favourites to recommend?

I will also do a review of the LUSH products I purchased recently (this is intended to be a health and beauty blog after all!) and, eventually, will get around to doing an entire skincare post to share products I love!  (Also, new products I am trying in the UK … although probably unhelpful to you lot in Canada, as you can’t access them… Hmmm… LOL)… There’s always online shopping and delivery, right?  And no, I can’t ship 10 different orders home people.

Can I just note – and this is SHEER coincidence, I didn’t even plan this when buying these items, especially considering they were purchased sporadically and at different times – but all of my kitchen stuff is BLUE


It freakin’ matches and I didn’t even plan it!  Even my dish cloth, tea towel and makeup brush holder is blue... WTH.  Blue was my dad’s favourite colour, believe it or not.  It also reminds me of grams… her car, which was my car for a bit, was blue… she lived in a blue house… I feel this is their influence in some sort of sneaky way.  Clearly they are ALWAYS with me, and want me to remember!  Haha. 


Sunday Funday

Another low-key day for Steph.

I spent a good chunk of my day in Starbucks, as many of you may already know by way of my Instagram post:


Oh, how delightful the Hazelnut Lattes are… I may or may not have gone for seconds a few hours after enjoying the one pictured above.  In my defense:
1. It was the first time I actually set foot in a Starbucks here (shocking, I know) and
2. I was in Starbucks from approx. 12pm – 6pm using up their Internet, so no harsh judgment can be passed, mkay? 
I much prefer Starbucks to the library, truth be told.  The one closest to me has a huge second floor lounge area!!  I found the perfect little hideaway equipped with comfy couches, a personal outlet, and hey, copious amounts of ever-flowing coffee and delicious treats just down the stairs… Can ya blame me for choosing to camp out there?  Didn’t think so ;)

ALSO: Starbucks opened earlier than the library, and closed much later as well.  (The library is only open from 1pm-4pm on Sundays)… so needless to say, I think I will opt for Starbucks from now on J I think the atmosphere was much nicer, too, because it’s familiar to me.  I’ve done homework in a Starbucks back in Canada countless times, so I felt less out of place.  Not to mention the laid back, retro-jazzy type music they are playing.  Gah, Love it here!  

And, yeah… I spent countless hours perusing the Internet (mainly Teachers Pay Teachers, TES, and Pintrest) collecting resources, lessons, worksheets, and teaching ideas!  Whoever has the nerve to tell you that teaching is an easy profession: I’d like to see you take it all on and survive!  So much hard work and preparation goes on behind the scenes.  There is so much to consider: classroom management techniques, organization, behaviour modeling and charting, differentiation, low vs. high ability, exit cards, assessment before, during and after a lesson, how to mark, how to define the different levels, how to engage, and on, and on, and on.  Oh, and lest we forget the actual lesson planning.  Haha, it a lot of work, but gosh do I ever love it.




After taking down camp at Starbucks, I came home and used my stovetop for the first time! LOL YAY.  I figured I better give her a go sooner rather than later.  I’m used to a gas stove, however, this one was easy enough to figure out.  (For those of you who watched my vlog, you’ll get this joke, but I used my culinary thing tonight too! LOL aka. The fan above my stove)… I threw together the following creation:


It’s a veggie stir-fry with udon noodles!  I used some of the fresh vegetables I picked up from the market, and it was oh-so-delicious if I do say so myself J

Next step: use the oven.  I am cravin’ me some banana bread or maybe muffins… Fall time is already upon us (at least here in the UK) and we all know what that means: time to whip out all the pumpkin recipes.  I AM SO EXCITED.  There’s just something about fall.  I am absolutely in love with it.  But I think everyone already knows that about me.  

Source: pinchmysalt.com

Maybe I can take a stab at pumpkin scones, seeing as I AM in England after all ;) 

I took another bath tonight… oh, European tubs with feet.  Swoon.  The back is curved ever so perfectly, and I fit right in.  It is comfortable and relaxing… ah, I may just start a romance with my tub.  HAHA just kidding.  I did use up the other half of my bath bomb, and thus, need to go back to LUSH and get more.  I made an oath to myself this evening, and that is to partake in at least one hour of “me time” every Sunday night to unwind.  I want to take advantage of that tub while I still have it!  And I really can’t explain how lovely I still feel after soaking in that heavenly aroma, accompanied by candles and music J so perfect! 

And now I am off to do my nails (I have been slacking!) and write a list of all the items I still desperately need for the flat.  I plan to categorize them into three columns: red, yellow and green.  Red = urgent.  Yellow = need, but can hold off for a little while if need be.  Green = at the bottom of the required list.  I also want to make a “to do” list in terms of cleaning, unpacking, etc… God I am such a teacher, aren’t I?

A perfect nude! :) 

I used Rimmel London's 60 Second Nail Polish in "Euphoria" 


The lists... LOL.  The colour co-ordinated one on top even has a back, as I divided the sheet by room... (Bed.  Bath.  Kitchen.  Living Room.  & Other).  


Andddddd, that’s my life in a nutshell.

Nothing as exciting as locking myself out, but I think that event should tie us all over in lieu of “things to write home about.” Haha, at least for a little while… until the next big adventure comes strolling my way (just, please don’t be as costly?!).  

P.s. Like my little night-time snackie J ?  Off to watch some Vampire Diaries while I tend to ma nails:


… oh my goodness gracious, EVEN THIS BAG IS FREAKIN’ BLUE!!!! It’s a secret, subliminal attraction, I swear…

Chat later,
Hope you are all well!

Steph
xxoo 

1 comment: